Monday, January 12, 2009

deadlifts and virtual shoveling

hey guys .. 

 haven't posted since before the deadlifting exercise. 

I really sold myself short on the deadlifts.  I wanted my end weight to be 215. 

   ... my actual end weight was 309.  

I kicked that goal in the face.  I only did 3 real sets of the WOD, but had done quite a few smaller reps to get used to deadlifting again. 

I know i can get 319, but my body was spent. 


As far as virtual shoveling goes..  I really pushed myself towards the end just to get this dang WOD over with.   My biceps felt like they were going to rip off my bones. 

I cooled down a bit and ran a few laps around the soccer field.  My shins started hurting after 3 so i just quit.   I reeeaaallly need to do some more running on a soft surface. 

later. 

2 comments:

Get It said...

Hey...what is our time estimate for Big Bear Complex? I know we finished right at 6:30 and I didn't get there and start warm-up until a little after 6. You think 15:00-17:00 minutes or so? I just want an estimate so that the next time I do it I know!

Get It said...

That is awesome on the running. Give yourself a couple more weeks and you will be at 10min.

Are you coming tonight? 5K!