Monday, January 5, 2009

Biggest Loser Contest - Gunter's way

I'm going to mark my progress a little more accurately.  If anyone wants to measure like me outside of the group - let's do it. 

My goal is to enlist and pass the Physical by February 13, 2009.  
To pass the physical, these are the numbers I need to hit:
87 Sit-ups, 71 push-ups, and a 10:30 1.5 mile. 

The only number I'm really worried about hitting is the 1.5 mile.  I'm not a distance runner, I'm barely a sprinter.   Monday Jan. 12, I'm attending a group meeting at church to train for the Music City Marathon.   I doubt I'm in town for the marathon, but I'm doing it for the training. 

I also have some concern for the pushups - but I feel as the weight falls off the pushups will get a lot easier. 

I don't seem to have a lot of time as far as enlisting by February 13 especially since my run is non-existent at the moment. 

Here are some more numbers that stack my goals against me:

Weight: 230
Height:  70"
Waist:  43"
Wrist: 7.5"
Neck: 17" 
Biceps:  15.5"

Body Fat %: 27.00
Body Fat Weight (lbs) 62.10
Lean body Mass: 167.90

Number blocks of Protein, carbs, and fat needed per day is: 19 blocks

I need to be at least 208 lbs, or 20% body fat, or a 36" waist before I can enlist. 

This seems to be a very daunting task, but if i'm going to make it to my goals anytime soon, I've got to hit it, and hit it hard. 

Later. 

4 comments:

Get It said...

Hey...if you ever want someone to run with I am not the fastest but I can be on pace with what you are trying to accomplish!

Personally,I find it really hard to run alone and boring!!!

Just let me know...I love Sunday runs!!!

See you later!
Jessica

Sea Monster said...

Strict adherence to this diet is the single most important factor to your ability to hit these goals! and unlike others, you have a deadline. It will be one of the most difficult thigs you have ever done to commit to a solid month of Zone but the benifits are huge.....

Expect some "customization" of your wods this month to help with these PT test.

see you soon

Sea Monster said...

I think you can loose a min of 6 lbs/ week if you are disaplined about the diet. thqats 30 lbs by valentines day.

Gunter said...

Some of the best things in life come after doing some of the hardest challenges you face.

Let me know of this "customization" you speak of..

I think the running on sundays might can happen.. know of a good place for beginning runners?